Okay, I know the answer to this round to 24: Clue! It was Jonas Hodges, in the Chairman's Office with a crystal decanter! Did I get it right?
Holy mother, did they bring in the pressure tonight! On all fronts things got worse for Jack & Co. Tonight's episode was sure-footed writing and plotting- I am officially "over" Season 6. "24" is back at full strength. I am sorry for doubting you guys for so long.
Let's get the quick rundown:
1) Jack Bauer has mad cow disease for real now. Last week, he was walking about, acting fairly normal, etc. But tonight, Jack started to finally exhibit symptoms of the mad cow. We at the Blogs4Bauer liveblog had a "MOOOOOOOO!!!" chant going everytime Jack winced, fell down or started writhing in pain. It was all great fun. I suggest you "moooo" at your TV next week when we get more of the same.
2) Hodges is the best villain this show has had in a long time, perhaps ever. Nina is the premier baddie because she got to kill Jack's wife, but Hodges would have cooked Teri Bauer up with fava beans, etc. if he had a chance. He is a raving psycho, but he's so good at it that you can't help respecting him. He took the President's lunch money and she could do nothing about it. AND he invites himself to the Oval Office for tea and cookies. Hats off, man. And Jon Voight... he's the master. This may be his best role in years.
3) Exeunt Moss. Larry was starting to become a player in the plot, but like with most things in his life (dating Renee, running a mole-free FBI office) he screws up royally. After the standoff at Starkwood peters out, Moss runs back to his whirly-bird and we don't see him again for the rest of the episode. Maybe he's at Sonic picking up some shakes for his overworked team. That would be nice, Larry. Make mine a chocolate shake.
4) The Olivia Taylor/Scumbag Ken stuff was wretched. And in retrospect, was it really necessary? I don't think so... (Brannon, I'm blaming you).
5) There's still a mole at the White House. Secretary of Homeland Security Tim Woods, I'm looking at you, Sparky.
6) Tony Almeida is a killing machine. And next week looks like Zombie Tony will feast on many more brains! Nothing can stop him. And he's got a Tony Sack too! Stay tuned for something on that later in the week.